Resizing a Window
- Resizing a window helps one to view the content of the program properly. There are several ways to resize a window. One can use the minimize, maximize, close and restore buttons. Dragging the border part of the window also resize a window.
Steps To resize a window
- Position the mouse pointer at the bottom edge of the window.
- Wait for the mouse pointer to change into a double – headed arrow.
- Click and drag it to the desired size.
When the mouse pointer change into a double – headed arrow, it means that one can resize the windows by clicking and dragging.
Moving a Window
- Moving a window is the electronic equivalent of shuffling papers. Windows can overlap partially or totally with other windows.
Steps to move aw window
- Point the mouse pointer to the windows title bar.
- Click and drag the mouse.
- Release the mouse windows to the desired position.
- If several windows are opened, these can be rearranged to make the desktop look clean and neat.
Steps to arrange windows
- Point the mouse pointer on the empty space of the taskbar.
- Right click on the taskbar.
- From the pop-up menu, click the preferred arrangement.
Kinds of windows arrangement
- Cascade windows – the windows are overlapping each other with all the title bars visible for the purpose of switching between programs.
- Tile Windows horizontally – the windows are arranged in a regular tile, one on top of the other while covering all the available space on the desktop.
- Show the desktop – the windows appear as buttons on the task bar.
Switching between windows
- Switching between windows is done when one wants to work on two or more windows at the same time.
- But how does one go from one window to another? When one opens a program, a button appears on the taskbar. This button is used to quickly switch between opened windows. Switching does not close the windows. It just puts the active window on top of the other.
Ways to switch between windows
- Click any of an opened window. This brings the window on top of all the other windows.
- Using the buttons on the taskbar, click on the button of the application that you want to activate.
- Using the keyboard, press ad hold down the Alt key and then press the Tab key to switch from one application to another.
Closing a window
- Before turning off the computer, one must learn the different ways in closing all opened windows.
Ways in Closing windows program
- Click on the Close button.
- Click on the Application Icon and choose Close.
- Click on the File menu, choose Exit.
- Right click the buttons on the taskbar, then choose Close.
- Using the keyboard: Press Alt + F4